Friday, September 23, 2011

Yes or No

Pre-Bea I would joke with the RE that I had a cervix of steel.  I have literally broken/bent/ruined a half dozen catheters through my IUIs and Embryo transfers.  I was expecting the same today.  Instead the catheter went right in.   Oh, right.  I basically pushed a bowling ball through there.  I guess things have changed.

I went to the RE today to make sure my UTE was empty and ready for the next step.  It wasn't.  There's something in there.  Not sure what it is yet.  It's either a little something that will leave during my next period or it's a polyp.  A polyp will mean surgery to remove it.  I don't want that.

So now me and my cervix of sticks/straw are waiting for next cycle to see if the mystery object leaves on its own or if we have to do something about it.  It's nothing dangerous.  If I wasn't TTC we'd just let it be. But if it is a polyp it could prevent implantation or lead to miscarriage.

That brings me to this cycle.  DH and I are deciding if we want to be proactive this month.  If the answer is yes I'll go back to the RE on Tuesday and get the wand again.  If everything looks good I'll get my blood drawn and see what my progesterone is doing.  I have always had a suspicion that I have some major progesterone issues.  My luteal phase has always been short.  I have moments of anxiety. Both issues of people with low progesterone.  I also had to take a large amount of prog. supplements to sustain Bea's pregnancy.  

So we'll test my progesterone and probably supplement and do old fashion ovulation tests and sex and see if miracles happen.

Or we could not do anything.  No early morning appointments.  No blood draws.  No freaking out.  No 2ww.  We could just relax until the big FET.

I'll let you know what we choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment