Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 3 Fertility Report


I went back to work on Tuesday. On the drive there I started feeling sick. I assumed it was becaue I'd been so lazy the last few days and my body wasn't used to being out and about.


But things got worse. By lunch time I couldn't stand up without feeling like I was going to pass out. I drove home..almost having to pull over to throw up...fell in to bed and stayed there til my husband came home from work.


I had a fever. I was so week I couldn't stand long enough to fill my PIO needle. I called my doctor fearful of an infection (not OHSS my bloating had actually gone down) or something that would keep me from transfer on Friday. She told me to go to the ER. I decided to wait til the morning to see if I felt better (the ER being the last place I'd want to go).


The next morning I woke up covered in sweat. The fever had broken. By the end of the day I was doing a little jig (you'll hear why soon). Crazy sick. Crazy fast. Then Crazy better. Just a flu nothing to do with the surgery and nothing to ruin the transfer.


So why the jig? Got my day 3 fertility report! At 6pm...which gave me plenty of time to worry that she was avoiding me cause it was bad news. She wasn't.


Last time at day 3 I had: "2 at 7, 1 at 6 and 2 a 5 cells" (isn't it nice to have a blog to look back on?)


This time I have 9 left! 3 at 7, 4 at 8 1 at 9 cells and a morula! -- I told my Ivf veteran friend at work and she started tearing up. Holy crow me might have more than one crappy blast on Friday!


I know this doesn't guareentee anything, but even if this cycle doesn't work doesn't it feel like they found the right mix of cocktails for me?


Last time I had a problem with egg quality. If you remember they were cloudy and looked older than they should (I'm 31). I asked my doctor about the quality of these eggs. She said she won't know for 2 weeks when she gets the full report, but that the embryologist told her based on the goo the eggs were surrounded by at retrivels (goo being the scientific term) the eggs looked great and healthy.


So to recap....embabies doing well. Way better than last time. Egg quality good no more talk of donor eggs. Sperm quality great. Transfer on Friday. And even if this isn't my cycle I have so much more hope for future ones! (but this will be my cycle!)

1 comment: