Thursday, April 23, 2009

How I Learned to Love My Cysts

(not my actual cyst)

I thought I'd be done with my first IVF by now.   I was told we needed IVF in February.  I panicked.  But after a failed IUI I came to some terms with it and gave the go-ahead in March. 

Then the cyst showed up.  2 of them.  Right ovary.  They grew til one was over 54mm.  I was put on birth control.   Two weeks later, another dildo cam showed it was down to 44mm.  I started acupuncture.  2 more weeks....24.  Another week and a half 14 and the relization that the other one was still there and 11mm.  5 more days... both GONE.

Now if I quickly add those up we're looking at over a month and a half on IVF hold.   A VERY LONG month and a half.  But now I realize what a good thing that time was.

The old me (pre-a month and a half ago) was an entirely different person.  I was a stress ball.  My body broke out in hives.  My blood pressure was up.  I was terrified of the needles that IVF would bring.  

That month and a half let me prepare for IVF.   I started acupunture.  I started seeing a therapist.  I started being selfish and really putting me first.  I've lost weight.  I'm healthier.  I'm happier.  

And the needles don't really scare me anymore.  I don't know how the hell this happened, but it did.  

I'm not a religious person, but there was a good reason for those cysts.

No comments:

Post a Comment