Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day



You know how some people feel like they're in the wrong time period?  I've always felt like I was born about 60 years too late.  

I love movies and music from the 30s and 40s.  And I'm fascinated with WW2.  Not so much the battles and dates.  But the people.   Those men who ran towards the fire.  The women who rationed, riveted, and remembered their loved ones.  This went on for years.   The fear.  The suffering.  The death.  And they just kept on fighting.

What's crazy is that at 31 I'm a good 10 years older than most of those men and women.  Could I do what they do?  Could any of us?  I hope so.  I think so.  Every time this country has had to step up and fight it has done so.   Americans may not be perfect.  But I'm proud of them.  America may not be perfect, but I am thankful for those that fought so we could have it.

Whatever I feel about this fight we're in now, I truly respect those that are fighting it.  And I hope they come home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment